Softagram brings visual patch set analysis to GerritUnique visual analysis of the changes and impact of the patch set! It speeds up code reviews and eliminates architecture drawbacks. For an effective code review, you must use enough time to thoroughly understand the change – the changed functionality; all added, removed and changed dependencies; and the impacted modules. Imagine if all those could be visualized automatically! Now it’s possible to activate Softagram code review analysis for any Gerrit project (even multi-repository ones). You will get visual change analyses delivered directly to Gerrit “Change Log” (and to your email)
Make your reviewer’s life easier and activate the Softagram analysis and visualization for your pach sets.
How to activate?
- Go to https://softagram.com
- Install the free trial
- Configure your Gerrit with the steps in here: http://help.softagram.com/integrations/add-repositories-from-gerrit
Add deep analysis for every patch set.
Why do you need a change visualization?If your development slows down due having to wait days for someone to accept your change. Or as a reviewer you do not have enough time to read the code and understand the impact of the change, you may benefit from a visual analysis of the patch set. Technical debt is made in small steps. Fast decisions in code reviews for bug fixes or feature development cause low-quality merges and increases the burden of maintenance. Softagram continuous analytics creates deep analytics from each patch set using machine learning algorithms. The Impact reports show visually the changed files and how the whole system is affected by the change. It focuses on analyzing dependencies and changed dependencies and visualizing them in easy-to-read and informative charts. Impact Report finds the hidden impact of the change, as well as e.g. unwanted new dependencies or missing unit tests. Based on user-configurable rules, it can automatically find dependency violation issue for the author to fix them before merging. More about the “Impact Report” can be found from this help file!
Benefits of automatically generated analytics for each patch setWe understand that every change you make to your development process should be evaluated by its ROI. Please see below the ways AI-driven analytics, visualization, and a fully integrated report will change your development process and improve your code. INCREASE
- Quality of merges and of your software
- The number of patch sets accepted per day, due to automated visual analytics
- Software design knowledge due to dependency graphs
- Time of patch set acceptance with the help of clear points to focus attention
- Release cycle time due to faster reviews
- Bad quality code merges with transparency and automated dependency rule checks
- Unwanted dependencies that degrade your software architecture!
- Merges without analyzing its impact on the system